Every ones loves hands-on tutorials with code snippets and stuff to establish the knowledge that something can be done.
So here is my first one; MySQL Enterprise Backup 3.5.
The new and shiny backup solution for MySQL.
Our clients, for a long time, are asking for an enterprise ready, stable, safe, quick, easy, feature rich, cross-platform backup solution. Nothing more. Easy pissy.
Yeah, everybody are using mysqldump with joy, but things are getting pretty complicated when you have more than 5 tables with 18.4Mbyte of data…
Let’s forget the backup time of a big database server with mysqldump, or the size of the files. Have you ever tried to restore a dump?
Those of you that did, knows it’s the most nerve racking task ever.
Simply due to the fact it takes ages to restore. And I mean ages!
The new MySQL Enterprise Backup 3.5 comes to the rescue, with this impressive list of features (very partial list):
- HOT backup InnoDB tables, Warm MyISAM, MEMORY and other storage engines.
- On-the-fly compression.
- Full, Incremental and Partial backups.
- Quick, lightweight and worry-free backup process.
- CLI tool to allow easy automate scripting with in-database history tracking.
- Easy to copy and manage backup files.
- Easy and Fast restore.
- Much more…